Hello, my name is Ele. I am currently based in Carnforth, Lancashire. I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in 2011 with a degree in metalwork & jewellery.
I am an artist, designer & maker specialising in metalwork and jewellery, my pieces
being a crossover of both worlds.
I like to create objects that can be admired as pieces of sculptural art but which can also be worn and intereract with the body. My work is theatrical, bold and interactive and would lend itself to a catwalk or performance scenario.
I work predominately in silver or brass, enjoy combining metals and other materials
and use hand skills as well as some engineering. I am inspired by
natural form, history, surrealism, storytelling and the Steampunk aesthetic, combining old and new. I try to incorporate a kinetic element to suprise and entertain the wearer/viewer.
- Commended Award for Smallworkers (2D) Design from the Goldsmiths' Craft and Design Council Awards 2011
- Under the Sea. January-October 2012. Millenium Galleries. Sheffield
- Creative Spark. June 2011. SHU
- Galvanize. April 2011. Furnival Gallery. SHUNew Designers. June/July 2011. Business Design Centre London
- Fabricate. December 2009. SHU
- Arteria, Lancaster: May-September 2015
- Ginger, Morningside Edinburgh: November- December 2011